Is it just me, or do you find that your GO Train* is always delayed the day that you’re already running late? Did you know that you can apply for a GO Transit Fare Credit if your train is delayed by 15 minutes or more?
We understand that applying for your Fare Credit can be a hassle, but we wanted to make sure that you don’t miss out on your Fare Credit. So, we made the process as convenient as we could for you.
With Paytm SmartAlerts, you will be able to apply for a GO Transit Fare Credit on-the-spot! If you used your Presto card to pay for your single ride fare, day and group passes you will be eligible to receive a Fare Credit.
From the Paytm app home screen, look for the “GO Fare Credit’ banner. Follow the steps on your screen to set up your SmartAlerts. You’ll start to receive a push notification and email every time your GO Train is delayed for more than 15 minutes.
After you’ve completed setting up SmartAlerts, follow these hassle-free steps to apply for your Go Transit Fare Credit:
- Since you’ve already set your SmartAlerts notification, just tap on the ‘GO Fare Credit’ banner located on the homescreen in the app.
- Choose one of the Delays on your Route and click on ‘Apply Now’.
- The first time that you apply for the Fare Credit, you will need to fill out your Presto Card info. The next time you apply for a Fare Credit you will skip to Step 4.
- Click on Start Application and from here you’ll be redirected to the GO Train website.
- All of your information will be pre filled out for you.
- Review your information to ensure that it is correct and then click on ‘Confirm’.
- Follow the next steps that appear on your screen, and once you click on ‘Next’ your Fare Credit application will be submitted.
- To go back to the Paytm Canada app, click on the arrow located at the top left.
Once GO Transit approves or declines your GO Transit Fare Credit application, we will provide you with an email and a push notification. Generally, it can take up to 5 business days, however GO Transit may take longer to process your Fare Credit. They will directly credit your Presto account.
*Paytm Labs Inc., is not affiliated with Metrolinx. This is an independent service provided by Paytm Labs Inc. All scheduling and information are sourced directly from the train operator.
We want to make it as simple as possible to contact our Customer Care Team!
- Email them (24/7) at email@example.com
- Chat with them (Mon-Fri from 9-5pm EST) on our website or directly from the App
- DM them on Facebook or Twitter (Mon-Fri from 9-5pm EST)
- Stay tuned, phone support is coming *very* soon!